Washington State University’s official move-in begins on Saturday, August 10, 2019, when staff and volunteers will be available to answer questions and help students unload. Week of Welcome events will begin that week, with events that help students meet people and get to know campus. A few pre-arranged university programs require early arrival, and students will be notified of those dates.
Plan and Arrive
WSU’s official move-in begins on Saturday, Aug. 10. Click here to sign up for a move-in time.
Students are also welcome to arrive later in the week.
After arriving at their residence hall, students must first check in at the front desk, where they will receive their room assignment. Students, please be sure to bring your CougarCard ID.
Also, keep in mind that pets are not allowed in the residence halls when moving in.
Specific move-in information for each residence hall is linked below:
Week of Welcome!
Week of Welcome (WOW) supports students’ successful transition to Washington State University. During WOW, students will have the opportunity to:
- Develop a relationship with WSU, specific colleges and departments, peers, staff and community.
- Learn about educational and co-curricular opportunities and lay a foundation for scholastic achievement and civic engagement throughout college.
- Participate in healthy, active, and fun events that minimize anxiety, promote positive attitudes, and help students adjust to college life in Pullman.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do we have to move in during the 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. hours listed on the website?
No, but the desk might not be open if you arrive later in the evening, so call the RA on duty to help you get checked in.
Will any volunteers be able to help us move in?
Yes, volunteers will be on hand to assist you on Saturday, Aug. 10.
Where can I find specific information about moving into my hall?
You can find specific information about moving into your hall at the housing website. Select your hall from the menu on the left. Information about check-in, unloading, bed-lofting, and much more is listed in the last section at the bottom of your hall page.
What should I bring to campus?
You can find a list of recommended items at the housing website. This page also lists approved electrical devices and items that are prohibited on campus.
Where can we eat on Move In Day?
There will be many campus dining options open on Move In Day (Saturday, Aug. 10), including:
- Panda Express, Compton Union Building — 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Subway, Compton Union Building — 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Carlita's, Compton Union Building — 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Freshens, Compton Union Building — 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Hillside Café — 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Northside Café — 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Southside Café — 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- The Market on Cougar Way — 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels — 10:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Week of Welcome
Week of Welcome is all about getting to know campus, meeting other Cougs, and getting ready for your next academic adventure! Wow.wsu.edu
Move In Parking.