SPRING 2021 MOVE-IN
Sign up for a designated Move-In day and time. Each timeslot should provide ample time for check-in and moving into your hall. If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19 or begin to feel symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your move-in time, please contact WSU Housing to make any necessary adjustments to your move-in plans.
Public health guidance may change between now and move-in date, so please check back often.
Before You Come to Campus
- Upload your CougarCard photo, if you haven’t done so already.
- Print and complete your Arrival Testing Form. This form will be sent to your @wsu.edu email address prior to Move-In. You can also access the form here.
- Download the WSU Mobile app. You will use this app for managing your student accounts, as well as tracking your COVID-19 attestation and to show completion of your arrival test.
- Download the WSU Get app. This is the best way to order and pay for food from dining centers and other campus dining locations using your Dining Account or Cougar Cash.
- If you have not attended an Alive Orientation session, you can sign up for the virtual Spring Alive session, hosted January 12-14.
Health and Safety Requirements for Move-In
- Students may have up to two guests help move in. Guests will not be permitted to attend the check-in process, but guests are allowed to help load items into residence halls.
- Students and guests will need to attest on the day they are scheduled to move-in at attestation.wsu.edu.
- Masks/cloth face coverings will be required for all persons entering the residence halls.
- Elevators will be limited to one family unit at a time.
- All persons must abide by physical distancing measures.
- You and your guests will need to complete the WSU attestation on the day you are scheduled to move in at attestation.wsu.edu.
- Check-in will be hosted at Beasley Coliseum (Orchard Drive entrance). Guests will not be allowed in Beasley for check-in and arrival testing. Do not go to your residence hall first.
- Free parking will be available in the grey lot next to Beasley. If you are traveling with guests (maximum of 2), they should plan to park and pick you up on North Fairway Road beside Beasley Coliseum. You will need to purchase a parking permit to park in any other campus parking lots.
- Bring your CougarCard, if you already have one. If you have uploaded your photo prior to arriving to campus, you will be able to pick up your CougarCard at check-in.
- Bring your completed Arrival Testing Form. We will have copies available; however, it will be faster and easier if you can come prepared.
- You will take a COVID-19 test during the check-in process. Luckily, it is the nasal swab test, which is quick and painless for most people. You can learn more about arrival testing here.
- We anticipate some short waits during peak hours, but the entire check-in process should take no longer than 20 minutes on average.
- Self-quarantine in your room until you receive your COVID-19 results. Results should be available within 24-72 hours. This means you should stay in your residence hall room as much as possible and only leave for essential errands like getting meals from the dining centers. This also gives you time to unpack!
- If your test results are negative, you will then be able to use campus facilities. Although a negative test is good news, there is a still a chance you could have COVID-19. You will need to continue to follow all health guidelines, including wearing a mask, physical distancing, and limiting group sizes to fewer than 5 people. You will be required to complete the WSU attestation daily.
- If your test results are positive, you will be contacted by a contact tracer from WSU and we will temporarily relocate you to another hall for a period of isolation. How long you will stay in isolation is dependent on your individual circumstances. We have designated staff to assist students who are in isolation to ensure they have access to resources and meals are delivered directly to their door.
- Residence Life Staff and campus partners will provide opportunities for you to meet your fellow Cougs and participate in university programming.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Housing Office at 509-335-4577 or email@example.com.